To create custom parameters that you can use to adjust the scope of your campaign, you first need to create the custom profile attributes that will be used in your parameters.
Profile attributes are key/value pairs of data sourced from identities in applications. Set up user key mappings to pull additional profile attributes from your application identities and use this information to narrow the scope of your campaign.
For example: You want to run an access review campaign on all the AcmeApp users in your company with the job title “Engineer.” First you map the AcmeApp profile key “jobTitle” to the key of your choice (you choose “AcmeJob”) in ConductorOne. Then, when creating the campaign, you create the parameter User AcmeJob is Engineer. This parameter limits the scope of the campaign so that only entitlements for users matching the parameter will be included in your access review campaign.
Step 1: Set up user key mappings
- In the navigation panel, click Settings.
- In the User key mappings section of the page, click Edit.
- Construct each key mapping by completing the following:
- Select an application from the list of applications integrated with or constructed in ConductorOne.
- In the App profile key field, enter the name of a profile attribute key from the application you’ve selected.
- In the User key field, enter the name you want to use to refer to this specific app profile key in ConductorOne. Each user key must be unique.
- When you’re finished, click Done.
- Refresh the page to see an updated count of the app accounts in ConductorOne that currently have the attribute you’ve selected.
Step 2: Use keys to narrow campaign scope
- While setting up a campaign, on the Scope tab, click Edit in the Set campaign parameters area of the page.
- Click Add parameter.
- From the Object type menu, select User or Account. These are the only object types currently supported.
- From the Attribute type menu, select one of the user keys you established in Step 1.
- In the Attribute value field, enter the value you want to focus on in your campaign.
- If needed, repeat these steps to add additional parameters.
- Click Save.